Main Content

Home » Sonoma Real Estate Market Report Q2 | 2017

Sonoma Real Estate Market Report Q2 | 2017

The market for single-family homes in Wine Country continued to flourish in the second quarter of 2017. According to the Bay Area Real Estate Information Services (BAREIS), the St. Helena/Yountville market closed 33 units with an average sales price of $2.1M, a 13% increase over Q2 2016. This resulted in $70M is closed sales volume in Q2 2017, which is a 17% increase over Q2 2016’s sales volume of $60M. Similarly, average sales price in Calistoga increased 43% to $1.3M in Q2 2017, resulting in $15M in total sales volume in Q2 2017, a 7% increase over Q2 2016’s sales volume of $14M. 60% of all sales in St. Helena/ Yountville were over the $2M price point, while 12% of all sales in Calistoga were over the $2M price point.

Sonoma Valley also had a strong second quarter of 2017. Average sales price for single-family homes increased 3% to $1M in Sonoma Valley Q2 2017 over Q2 2016. The number of units sold increased 9% from 109 units in Q2 2016 to 119 units in Q2 2017. Overall sales volume in Sonoma Valley increased 12% from $109M in Q2 2016 to $123M in Q2 2017. Similarly, the Petaluma market experienced a strong Q2 2017. Average sales price increased 17% from $692,000 in Q2 2016 to $809,000 in Q2 2017 for single-family homes. This resulted in a 19% increase in sales volume from $109M in Q2 2016 to $130M in Q2 2017 in the city of Petaluma. Overall, 161 units traded in Petaluma during Q2 2017.

Both primary and a secondary home ownership continues to thrive in the Wine Country Market. Overall, Napa County experienced a 2.4% increase in Q2 2017 sales volume of single-family homes over Q2 2016 and Sonoma Country experienced 2.8% increase in Q2 2017 sales volume of single-family homes during the same period, reflecting steady, healthy growth in the region.

Message from:

Johnathon Soh, Brokerage Manager
CalBRE 1173646 | jonathan.soh@sothebyshomes.com | 707 935 2503

*All data within this document is pulled from the Bay Area Real Estate Information Services (BAREIS) and represent the sale of single family homes.

Share This: